Saturday, June 20, 2009

Idea for a Community Space




So here's my idea. Feel free to tell me what you think.

What if we converted the little area in between the fence and the old Jarod Mfg. Co. Plastics building into a social area? Here's a mock up of one possibility with some chairs, a table, a little wading pool to stick our feet in, and a BBQ grill. Maybe we could even get some sand to give it a beach type of feel.

I figure we could get some stuff cheap off of the Internet on a site like Craigslist - I know Brian had a few ideas -and temporarily put it in that area so people have a place to hang out. We could put a trashcan for recycling, and a cigarette holder for the smokers.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love everything, except the sand. It can be pretty windy in that area, and I would hate to have the sand blow away or into the garage.

Christy Lincoln said...

I was just showing that area to Josh yesterday! Every time we walk past it I think what a waste that space is. I love the idea of using it as a outdoor lounge space. Great ideas!